19 February 2011

Bulking with P90X Part 2 ; Nutrition

Today I am writing about how to bulk properly ; eating right .

Since we talk about exercises yesterday , you know the concept ; work hard eat hard .
Gaining weight occurs only there is an energy surplus ( aka bulking ) . 

Eating more than you burn + exercises = muscle mass + fat mass .
We want to keep fat gain minimum . Since we are eating more than we burn , gaining some fat mass is not preventable . But dont scared , you will learn how to manage it .



Simple Tips about bulking ;

  1. Increase your calorie intake
  2. Get good night sleep (7-8 hours)
  3. Eat 6 times a day . ( every 3 hour )
  4. Drink a lot of water
  5. Eat a high carb , high protein meal after workouts
  6. Keep cardio minimum ( limit to 45 minutes )

Also I want to talk about suplements too .
I recommend taking suplements during the bulking process because you will be using your body to the limit .
But be carefull with them , consult with your doctor . Dont overdose them . Yes , even overdosing vitamins are greatly harmful to your body .


Here is the list of suplements I advice you to use ;

  1. Multivitamin
  2. Fish Oil
  3. Creatine
  4. Whey Protein ( Well , this one isnt actually suplement , it is nutraint . Use this as a post workout meal . Ex : 1.5 cup of oats and 2 scoop whey protein )

31 comments:

  1. When I was bulking I had to use some high-carb foods all the time, just to get the calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me how many people spend hours at the gym every week, yet have no idea that nutrition is at least as important as crunching those weights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good advice. It makes sense too. But I don't think my skinny ass cousin could eat 6 times a day, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Scott.. I've seen it myself.

    Not to forget people who over train and don't rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6pack here we come!... haha i wish it actually where that easy huh? greatly informative as usual, but i might need to rearrange like... everything on my diet now haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tips from a professional!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just started going to the gym recently, although I'm just in it for weight loss at the moment. Maybe in the future I'll be using these tips lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for these awesome tips btw! certainly i'll be using them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hardest part of the process

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can do most of this easily, it's the sleep part that gets me though. Insomnia is a B. But at least my diet is somewhat there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice tips, thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always thought p90x is like the slap chop, just a scheme to make money. This seems pretty legit though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sound advice, nutrition is incredibly important.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog! Continue

    ReplyDelete
  15. i dont have the money, dirty bulk all day :[

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tips man, thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  17. i just started going to the gym and gain some weight because i'm just too skinny. thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great blog! Glad I stumbled on yours; I've just started bulking again, so I'm gonna keep checking in to see if you've got any more good tips for me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tell people this all the time. They need to eat right. It's the key to weightloss. Not countless hours at the gym...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good tips, P90x really does a toll on the body. I'll probably try it again around summer. only so many hours in a day

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great advice. Same as post above, exercise more and eat less for weight loss, and vice versa for putting on weight!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've done the p90x system and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've done weight training in the past. I'd say supplements are an absolute must, and keep the cardio down. Good tips.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is exactly what I needed to know!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bananas, eat lots of these yellow curved bitches, they give a fuck ton of energy and help with body building like no tomorrow, I personally hate them myself, but force myself to choke down a smoothie filled with them twice a work out session, one before, and one after.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow thanks for the excellent advice!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Interesting stuff. I've been trying lately to tone rather than bulk, but this is still really interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I didn't read this whole thing but I got the main idea of it... On a side note it's very difficult to eat healthy these days because of the mass production of food that the governments force upon us as our primary source of food... It ruins the nutrient value. IMHO I believe there is a shortage of real food, not a surplus.

    ReplyDelete
  29. thanks for the info, find it very usefull, do you recomend pro hormonals such as animal pak, sterol complex or thins like that?

    ReplyDelete